[vtkusers] VtkRenderWindowInteractor not compatible with Visual Basic

Francois Louis LAILLIER flaillier at eldim.fr
Tue Feb 27 03:28:03 EST 2007

Hello vtkusers!

I progress in vtk development but since few days I am blocking by the events.

I read in activiz documentation how add an event, that works, but my big problem I want to implement 3Dwidget like vtkimplicitplaneWidget, vtkImageplaneWidget.

I declare iren as a vtkrenderWindowInteractor, I set it a render window and when I run my routine my program crash when I move the mouse on the renderWindow.

#############CODE###############

Dim WithEvents iren As vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Private Sub Command1_Click()

Set renwin = vtkRenderWindowControl1.GetRenderWindow

Set iren = New vtkRenderWindowInteractor

iren.SetRenderWindow renwin

renwin.render

End Sub

My question is: What event or object I need to use correctly the vtk3DWidget ( particularly vtkImagePlaneWidget) and How use it?

Best regards, François Louis LAILLIER