[vtkusers] help displaying a set of points

wind wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 22 09:50:39 EST 2007

I figured it out, whatever it was. This code did it, even though I
swear I tried this before

	vtkPolyData* pd1 = vtkPolyData::New();
	pd1->SetPoints(flight_track);
	pd1->GetPointData()->SetScalars(scalars);
	pd1->Update();

	vtkMaskPoints* mp = vtkMaskPoints::New();
	mp->SetInput(pd1);
	mp->GenerateVerticesOn();

   vtkPolyDataMapper *popMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
	popMapper->SetInput(mp->GetOutput());
     popMapper->ScalarVisibilityOn();
	popMapper->SetScalarRange(21.59, 3369.36);
	popMapper->Update();

   vtkActor *popActor = vtkActor::New();
     popActor->SetMapper(popMapper);
	popActor->GetProperty()->SetRepresentationToPoints();
	popActor->GetProperty()->SetPointSize(1.0);

This is the result of this little madness

Gala Wind
(301) 614-6221
wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov