[vtkusers] Re: Fill contours with Pixels

Hendrik Belitz hbelitz at darkon.info
Wed Feb 14 09:38:03 EST 2007

Hi Mike,

thanks for the picture, this made things a lot clearer to me. Is it correct that all "holes" are located on the domain boundary? If so, your contour approach wasn't that bad. I would suggest to extract all contours on the boundary and use a Delaunay triangulation to fill up each individual contour with triangles (Delaunay triangulation is provided by VTK. But I don't know whether there's a suitable filter to get a list of contours on the domain boundary, but this should be an easy one when slicing the mesh with suitably oriented planes). Add your new triangles to the original mesh and you're done.

Hth
 Hendrik