[vtkusers] Re: Troubles compiling VTK with Microsoft C++ compiler

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 6 11:01:07 EST 2007

Hi Marie,

The test is compiling but cl.exe can't find the system libraries...

Check to make sure you have an environment variable LIB, which should
look like this:

LIB=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\LIB;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK
\v2.0\lib;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Lib;c:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDK\Lib\IA64;C:\Program File
s\Microsoft Platform SDK;

The setup should have set the correct environment variable for you, I think.

Jeff Baume sent this yesterday but it didn't seem to make the list:

> Do you have a FAT32 file system?  I've run into CMake problems with
> the VC8/FAT combination.  The latest CMake (2.4.6) resolves this
> issue.
>
> Jeff

hth

Goodwin