[vtkusers] Need help urgently. Stereo 3D page flipping doesnt work -> SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes()

Marc Meidinger marc.meidinger at pps-ag.ch
Mon Dec 17 05:47:47 EST 2007

Dear developpers

I'm stuck in a project having big problems to get the Stereo3D (page
flipping) working. Need your help. I'm developping a stereographic
application. For displaying the models I have bought the eMagnin Z800 (which
supports page flipping input). Page flipping means that the window output is
alternating between left and right eye.

As I read I must use the SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes() function to activate
page flipping (even if i dont have the crytal eyes), but it doesnt work. I
can only see the model as usual, no stereo 3D.
Code:
 oRenWin.SetStereoCapableWindow(1);
 oRenWin.StereoRenderOn();
 oRenWin.SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes();
 oRenWin.StereoUpdate();

But when I set the stereo type to anaglyph mode, the model is displayed
correctly for each eye (in red and cyan).
Code:
 oRenWin.SetStereoCapableWindow(1);
 oRenWin.StereoRenderOn();
 oRenWin.SetStereoTypeToAnaglyph();
 oRenWin.StereoUpdate();

Is there a problem with the SetStereoTypeToCrystalEyes() function or is my
code implementation bad? Is there even an other function to use to activate
page flipping?

I've tried it in C++ and Java but it didnt do the page flipping.

System specs:
VTK Version 5.0.3
OS: Win XP
Implementation Language: Java
Graphic card: Nvidia Geforce 6600 (Stereo 3D capable)

I would be very glad to get any help. Or maybe someone of you has already
implemented something like this... anything would be great!

Best Regards

Marc Meidinger