[vtkusers] Re: How do I modify the interaction behavior for the vtkContourWidget?

Fri Dec 14 16:03:24 EST 2007

Nothing beats replying to your own post!

So I tried what it seems like I should be doing to redefine the event
handling for the vtkContour Widget -- thusly:

  vtkWidgetEventTranslator *xlat = this->m_ContourWidget->GetEventTranslator();

  xlat->SetTranslation(vtkCommand::KeyPressEvent,
                       vtkEvent::ControlModifier,
                       101,1,NULL,vtkWidgetEvent::AddFinalPoint);
  xlat->SetTranslation(vtkCommand::NoEvent,
                       vtkEvent::NoModifier,
                       47,1,NULL,vtkWidgetEvent::Delete);

I was trying to do two things: 1) change the event binding of the
AddFinalPoint event to Control-e (101 being decimal for ASCII e).
2) Turn off handling the 'delete point' behavior entirely.

The documentation says any call to SetTranslation will override any
previous call to SetTranslation.  This appears not to be the case, or
maybe I haven't yet figured out the magic incantation yet.