[vtkusers] How to get id of cells?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Dec 4 08:12:04 EST 2007

Ids should be put into the source vtkUnstructuredGrid. They should be
of type vtkIdType, have a unique value for each cell or point, and
preferably be flagged as the GLOBAL_IDS in vtkDataSetAttributes. Doing
this last step makes filters ignore them when they do interpolation.
After vtkExtractGeometry, ask for the GLOBAL_IDS array values for each
cell and or point to see where each output cell or point came from in
the input.

cheers
Dave DeMarle