[vtkusers] More than one vtkContourWidget in the same renderer?

Mon Dec 3 16:48:21 EST 2007

I'm again boggled by the requirements of a tracing application I'm
writing using VTK and KWWidgets.  vtkContourWidget is awesome -- as
long as you only ever want to have one contour at a time.
Unfortunately for anatomical tracing, there are features that can have
more than one contour per volume slice.

What I'd like to do is be able to click an 'add new contour' button,
and have it turn off event processing for the current active contour,
instantiate a new vtkContour Widget, and make it the current active
contour for interaction.

The problem is that the vtkContourWidget doesn't have  a 'still
displayed but no longer sensitive to mouse events' mode -- you can
enable it, and interact with it, or you can disable it, when it
disappears from the view.  Furthermore,  there is an 'i' key event
that enables and disables it, which is behavior I'd love to be able to
turn off.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.