[vtkusers] Problem with colouring with vtk legacy file

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Fri Aug 31 01:52:46 EDT 2007

I have made a small vtk legacy file, which contains 3 points and the scalar value (radius) associated with them, I want to draw a glyph around the points and want them to be colored according the the color which I have specified in the lookup table. The file is as following :

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Molecule points
ASCII
DATASET POLYDATA
POINTS 3 float
0.0 0.0 -0.84497583
2.31267592 0.0 0.42248792
-2.31267592 0.0 0.42248792

LINES 4 12
2 0 1
2 0 2
2 1 0
2 2 0

POINT_DATA 3
SCALARS sample_scalar float 1
LOOKUP_TABLE radius
1.66
1.66
1.66
LOOKUP_TABLE radius 3
1.0 1.0 0.0 1.0
1.0 1.0 0.0 1.0
1.0 1.0 0.0 1.0

I am using ParaView3 to visualize this file and the glyphs are always displayed in a color other than the what is specified in the lookup table. Instead the connectivity is shown according the to the specified color. The resulting image looks like :

http://rapidshare.com/files/50952946/atom_glyph.png.html

Please correct the mistake that I am making.