[vtkusers] Problem building VTK with latest version of CMake.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 01:25:26 EDT 2007

Has anyone tried building VTK or Paraview with the latest CMake CVS version
in XP or Vista?

I am using the lastst cvs version of CMake and when I try to build VTK or
ParaView3 I get lots of:
CMakeError: Parse error in cache file <file name>,. Offending Entry:
CloseHandleError
Older versions of CMake do not do this. In Vista I have has to revert to an
older version of CMake but this error is now appearing when I use XP.

Further investigation reveals that it is specifically related to Python and
QT. If these options are switched off then everything is OK in the case of
building VTK.

Here is an extract of the CMakeCache.txt file.

//Install directory for Python .py and .pyc files
VTK_PYTHON_MODULE_INSTALL_DIR:INTERNAL=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/Lib/site-packages
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
//Install directory for Python binary modules
VTK_PYTHON_MODULE_PLATFORM_INSTALL_DIR:INTERNAL=${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/Lib/site-packages
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
//Result of CHECK_TYPE_SIZE
VTK_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG:INTERNAL=8
//The location of the Qt docs
QT_DOC_DIR:PATH=C:/Qt/4.2.3/doc
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError

//The location of the Qt mkspecs
QT_MKSPECS_DIR:PATH=C:/Qt/4.2.3/mkspecs
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError

//The moc executable
QT_MOC_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=C:/Qt/4.2.3/bin/moc.exe

//The location of the Qt plugins
QT_PLUGINS_DIR:PATH=C:/Qt/4.2.3/plugins
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError
CloseHandleError

//Invalid qmake found
QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=c:/Qt/4.2.3/bin/qmake.exe-NOTFOUND

By the way all the directories do exist for Python and QT and I can build
sucessfully using the release version of CMake.

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems
The Rose Street Building J04
The University of Sydney  2006  NSW