[vtkusers] VTK Tcl/Tk Windows Static Build ?

H. Johnson misc at faradayco.com
Mon Aug 20 11:07:42 EDT 2007

I'm trying to come up with a GUI VTK solution and need to be able to
distribute the application without requiring the user to install things
like Tcl/Tk.

Is it possible to build VTK along with Tcl/Tk so that a fully static
Windows .exe is produced?

About how many MB would the .exe be?

Is this approach fairly mainstream and problem free, or should I expect
problems?

Thanks,

Henry

P.S. I'd try this and see, but I have a good working VTK installation
right now, and I'm hesitant to change things (it takes a long time to
rebuild).