[vtkusers] Anyone using wxVTK wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor wxWidgets VTK class?

H. Johnson misc at faradayco.com
Mon Aug 20 10:45:54 EDT 2007

Hi,
I'm looking for a solution to build a VTK enabled GUI.  I'm pursuing a
few different options, one of which is a VTK / wxWidgets combination.

I built VTK from CVS last Saturday, and am using wxWidgets 2.6.4. in a
VC6.0 C++ only (no Tcl) environment.

Sample wxVTK file wxImagePlaneWidget compiles okay, and works for the
most part,
however whenever I click outside the box a vtkOutputWindow pops up and I
get a
vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera (0x0390AF88): Timer start fail
message.

So, two questions.  Does anyone know what the specific "Timer start
fail" message is all about?

And more importantly, is the wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor as it is found
at http://wxvtk.sourceforge.net/ a ROBUST solution to combining the two?

Thanks much,

Henry