[vtkusers] VTK Problem Upon Python 2.5 Upgrade

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 03:43:15 EDT 2007

Shari Rolnick a écrit :
> Okay.  I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my .bash_profile file, but it still doesn't
> work.  Here's the output:
>
> [shari at localhost ~]$ source .bash_profile
> [shari at localhost ~]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> /usr/local/lib:

Hmm, what shell do you use ??
If you use (t)csh shell, you have to set your environment variable in
csh file,
not a (ba)sh one.
If you use (ba)sh shell, you do not have to source it (source is not a
bash builtin shell, but tcsh).
>> BTW, your python seems to looking for in /usr/local/src, looks
>> weird to me...
>>

> I think that was just my inept installation.  I put the source code for VTK
> there, but when I built it, I think I just built it in place rather than
> giving it a different directory.  Will that hurt anything?

So what should be the meaning of the LD_LIBRARY_PATH ??
python has to look for libs in /usr/local/lib, not in /usr/local/src !

Where are your VTK libs installed ?

--
http://scipy.org/FredericPetit