[vtkusers] VTK + Java + Windows XP

Bartlomiej Wilkowski wilku_83 at o2.pl
Sun Aug 19 17:39:12 EDT 2007

Hi Rodrigo,

I saw that Stephen has already given you the link to my howto
webpage. I suppose that if you configure your paths as I wrote there
and use vtk.jar file with your project it should work.

For your future work I will also give you one clue. When you create a jar
file of your VTK with Java program, it can happen that it will not work on
some other computers and you will get the same error as you have now. This
is because, when you compile VTK with Visual Studio 2005 or higher, the
created dlls unfortunately have dependencies to .NET 2.0 platform
so what I discovered that it is necessary to install this platform anywhere
you want to run your final application. I dont really like it, but I didnt
find better solution. If you compile with older Visual Studio this problem
does not appear. I can send you also info about
how the Path environment is configuured on my comp.

write me if you have any more questions considering VTK + Java.  I was using
Eclipse not NetBeans but I believe this is no problem since this is only
tool. I ll try to help.

good luck,

Bartek Wilkowski