[vtkusers] VTK + Java + Windows XP

Sat Aug 18 09:19:02 EDT 2007

hi

you might like to look at the guide written by Bartek at

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-December/088478.html

The error you describe sounds like the software can't find the dlls
however. Either a dll has not been loaded in your code via

        System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkFilteringJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkIOJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkImagingJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkGraphicsJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkHybridJava");
        System.loadLibrary("vtkWidgetsJava");
etc

or the path to dlls has not been specified correctly in your environment
variables. Here is an excerpt from mine..

C:\jdk1.5.0_10\bin;C:\vtk-5.0.2\VTKbin\bin\release;

If you have doubts about the integrity of your build you could try
downloading Cassandra which includes precompiled VTK Java wrappers.

http://dev.artenum.com/projects/cassandra

good luck!

Stephen