[vtkusers] volume data

Vlad - Andrei Lazar clusty1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:05:44 EDT 2007

Hey,

Thanks for the very quick reply. Indeed it does not work very well with
glyphs. Trying now to modify the example in the VolumeRendering directory.
The problem is that my data is a StructuredGrid and vtkVolumeRayCastMapper
takes in a StructuredPoints at most. Is there a way to convert a
structuredGrid to StructuredPoint?

Also tried using the vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D but when I call the renderer
TCL seg faults.

Any easy ways out?

Vlad

Ross Eldridge wrote:

Hey Vlad,

Instead of using cuts and isosurfaces, have you tried using a volume
renderer on your data?

If you really want to use glyphs, you'll want to adjust your
vtkPolyDataMapper to do what you want.  To do that, set your mapper's lookup
table to a new vtkLookupTable you create, and set whatever color ranges and
alpha range (opacity) you want (don't forget to set your lookup tables
scalar range using SetRange).  Of course, this is limited to a linear change
in opacities, but hopefully it's what you're looking for.

-Ross

Vlad - Andrei Lazar wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to visuzlize 3D volume data. As it is rather hard to see
anything using cuts or isosrufaces, I have to come up with a new way.

My idea was to place a glyph at each data point and make the opacity of the
glyph proportional to the value in that voxel. So far I did not manage to do
such a thing (the documentation is not all that great I have to say...).

Is there an easy way to do such thing?

Best regards,
Vlad