[vtkusers] Cone.java example hangs on Mac OS 10.3.9

Jennifer West jennifer.lorraine.west at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 15:03:58 EDT 2007

Hi Mike,

I did try running otool -L, and the output shows that there aren't hard
coded paths -- that's what is really confusing me. What I do notice is that
the *.jnilib files are symbolic links that include the full path. I.e.

*.jnilib -> /Users/jennifer/Development/vtkbuild/bin/*.dylib

However the *.dylib files are symbolic links without the full path. I.e.

*.dylib -> *.dylib.5.0
*.dylib.5.0 -> *.dylib.5.0.3

I'm not sure why this happens. I'm thinking that I will try changing they
symlinks on the *.jnilib files and see if I can get things to work that way.

My reluctance to upgrade to Tiger? Only money ;) And now with Leopard so
near on the horizon it doesn't seem worth it...

Jennifer