[vtkusers] Cone.java example hangs on Mac OS 10.3.9

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:33:49 EDT 2007

This most definitely has everything to do with RPATH and how the
native c++ libraries and executables are linked.

if you run the "otool -L [library]" command on one of the libraries
in the "bin" directory what is the output?

The first few lines will tell you if there is a hard coded path set
for that library. This is why the paths MUST be exactly the same
between the 2 machines. There are ways to change this path but it
gets messy very quick. I would just make sure the paths match between
computers. If the program you are going to write will eventually get
deployed to others then you will need to revisit the whole RPATH
ordeal...

You may also want to try and upgrade to Tiger if at all possible. If
your are loading Tiger on an older machine and worry about speed
issues, dont. In my experience, Tiger will run at the same speed as
Panther on the same hardware. If you can not upgrade for other
reasons.. then I do not have any suggestions.

Cheers
--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer