[vtkusers] HELP ----OpenGL and VTK

Andrew Porter andrew.porter at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Aug 8 05:16:39 EDT 2007

Hi Saira,

> hi ..........andrew
> still waiting for ur reply.
I haven't replied because I don't know!  That's why always cc'ing the
list is a good idea.

> actually ..........as i explained in my previous email....I need to use
> OpenGl Graphics Libraries to implement my own reseach...but as initially
> i start my work using VTK code and i dont want to destroy that.
> I checked that how VTK is using Opengl......in fact they are vtkOpenGl.h
> which is drived from vtkConfigure.h file and when i locate that file is
> in main root with vtkConfigure.h.in
  >
> So...........what they are doing in vtkConfigure.h?
>
> can u guide me in this matter or can u think to design own wrapper for this.

My guess would be that you need to derive your own actor or renderer (?)
that uses your own OpenGL code.  My suggestion would be to look at the
Doxygen-generated documentation for vtk
(http://www.vtk.org/doc/release/5.0/html/hierarchy.html) and work out
where (if anywhere) your new rendering code would fit in the class
hierarchy.

Cheers,

Andrew.