[vtkusers] IWCIA 08 - USA, 7-9 April 2008: Invitation

João Manuel R. S. Tavares tavares at fe.up.pt
Thu Aug 2 14:47:00 EDT 2007

Dear Colleague,

I would like to bring to your attention information about a forthcoming
conference and to strongly encourage you to submit a paper or papers to it.

This is the 12th International Workshop on Combinatorial Image Analysis
(IWCIA 08) which will take place in Buffalo, USA, 7-9 April 2008.
Comprehensive information about the conference is available at its website
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/iwcia08 (or google IWCIA 08). From there you will
see that IWCIA 08 will be a very top conference, with distinguished keynote
speakers (one of them a Nobel Laureate, the other four are of the highest
possible rank and recognition as well). The proceedings will be published by
Springer (LNCS) and by Taylor and Francis (for submissions to the Special
Track on Applications). The extended versions of the best papers will be
published in special issues of Pattern Recognition, Elsevier (for
theoretical papers) and in the International Journal of Imaging Systems and
Technology, Wiley (for papers of the Special Track on Applications).

I am involved in the organization of the Special Track on Applications of
IWCIA 08, and can assure you that it will provide the authors with an
exceptional opportunity to present their work and publish it by a reputable
publisher and possibly in a journal (indexed by Science Citation Index
Expanded and several other indexes), to discuss topics of common interest
with scientists from all over the world as well as with representatives of
the industry from the US and possibly other countries.

Having in mind the area of your research and experience, I would like to
invite you to submit a paper (or papers) to IWCIA 08 and especially to its
Special Track on Applications. I am certain that both your and the
conference will benefit from your submission.

Best regards,

Joao Manuel R. S. Tavares
(IWCIA 08 co-organizer)