[vtkusers] Compiling error: VTK not found

Dzung Manh Chu cmdungbk at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 09:34:58 EDT 2007

Hello.

I'm using Fedora and just installed VTK 4.4. I'm running the Cone.cxx example with the following CMakeLists.txt file:

PROJECT (Step1)

INCLUDE (${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/FindVTK.cmake)
IF (USE_VTK_FILE)
  INCLUDE(${USE_VTK_FILE})
ENDIF (USE_VTK_FILE)

LINK_LIBRARIES(
        vtkRendering
        vtkGraphics
        vtkImaging
        vtkFiltering
        vtkCommon
)

ADD_EXECUTABLE(Cone Cone.cxx)
TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(Cone vtkRendering)

It should have run correctly, but I got this error:
CMake Error: VTK not found.  Set the VTK_DIR cmake cache entry to the directory containing VTKConfig.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree, or PREFIX/lib/vtk for an installation.  For VTK 4.0, this is the location of UseVTK.cmake.  This is either the root of the build tree or PREFIX/include/vtk for an installation.

Did any of you also get this problem before? I'v located where VTKConfig.cmake is. But I donot know where "VTK_DIR cmake cache entry" is. Any comment would be highly appreciated.

Dzung.