[vtkusers] vtkIterativeClosestPointAlgorithm

samo sandra.moritz at gmx.de
Tue Apr 24 06:13:25 EDT 2007

Hello together

I am using the vtkIterativeClosestPointAlgorithm and need help with the use
of it.

I have two surfaces which I want to match. First I use the
vtkLandmarkTransform to get a rough transformation and then I use the ICP
algorithm to match the surfaces as best as possible. My problem now is, how
I can concatenate the two transformations and use them for the
transformation of my actor.

I have something like this:
vtkLandmarkTransform m_LandTrans;
myActor->SetUserTransform(m_LandTrans);
.........calculating icp.........and then
myActor->SetUserTransform(icp);

I read somewhere that I should use the vtkTransformPolyDataFilter, but I
don't know how. Can somebody please help me with that? I am totally lost at
the moment.

thank you so much