[vtkusers] Re: RES: [Paraview] VTK formats and Fortran (again...)

fred fredmfp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:54:54 EDT 2007

Renato N. Elias a écrit :
> Fred wrote: You also have ASCII and binary (not base64) formats.
>
> I've reread and found this information hidden in the VTK file format's
> guide. A footnote in page 12 which says:
>
> "* There is one case in which the file is not a valid XML document. *** When
> the AppendedData section is not encoded as base64,
> raw binary data *** is present that may violate the XML specification. This
> is not default behavior, and must be explicitly enabled
> by the user."

Yes, I know this, but not a problem for me.
By the way, XML base64 files size are little bigger than binary.
> However, there is no further information regarding such form of writing raw
> binary data in "XML files" for VTK and PV. I'll try to write a file with raw
> binary data in the AppendedData section to see what happen.

I began to write my C code to write legacy VTK files, which does not
require any VTK libs.
Then, I added a few routines, which do use VTK libs, to write my files
in XML.
But once again, only in C.
But if it can help...

--