[vtkusers] RES: [Paraview] VTK formats and Fortran (again...)

Renato N. Elias rnelias at nacad.ufrj.br
Fri Apr 13 12:22:03 EDT 2007

Fred wrote: You also have ASCII and binary (not base64) formats.

I've reread and found this information hidden in the VTK file format's
guide. A footnote in page 12 which says:

"* There is one case in which the file is not a valid XML document. *** When
the AppendedData section is not encoded as base64,
raw binary data *** is present that may violate the XML specification. This
is not default behavior, and must be explicitly enabled
by the user."

However, there is no further information regarding such form of writing raw
binary data in "XML files" for VTK and PV. I'll try to write a file with raw
binary data in the AppendedData section to see what happen.

Thanks a lot Fred for your help

Renato.