[vtkusers] continuous rendering from vtkVideoSource

Tim Soper tim_d_soper at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 17:41:36 EDT 2007

Hi again

     I followed the instructions for creating a repeating timer in the current CVS version of vtkRenderWindowInteractor.  Per the instructions from another post (http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-November/088019.html), I tried out the sample code from  VTK/Rendering/Testing/Cxx/TestInteractorTimers.cxx.  It appears to work great when used to create a new rendering window. I, however, am trying to render to the Qt-based QVTKWidget which does not use initialize( ) and start( ) methods. Am I out of luck as far as creating a repeating timer goes?

Thanks so much

-Tim-