[vtkusers] win32videosource drivers

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Mon Apr 2 14:36:58 EDT 2007

Hi Mark,

The vtkWin32VideoSource expects the video driver to provide it with
uncompressed video format.  The "dvsd" fourcc code indicates that the
video driver is providing a compressed digital video format.

If you call the VideoFormatDialog() method of your vtkWin32VideoSource
object, it should pop up a dialog box that you can use to select between
all the different formats that the driver supports.  Every driver that
I've seen provides at least one uncompressed format.  These will usually
have codes like UYVY or RGB.  Also, uncompressed greyscale video should
definitely work.

 - David