[vtkusers] Installation problems

CBS cbs.strutz at web.de
Thu Sep 28 09:56:04 EDT 2006

Martin Costabel wrote:
> CBS wrote:
>> Dear VTK experts,
>>
>> I am trying to compile VTK, w/o success so far.
>>
>> After downloading CMake for MacOS and including the bin path into my
>> environment I cd'ed to the VTK
>> folder and typed -following the instructions for installation-
>>> ccmake .
>>
>> The error message was:
>> dyld: ccmake can't open library: /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib  (No
>> such file or directory, errno = 2)
>> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Are you trying to run cmake for MacOSX 10.4 ("tiger-only installer") on
> 10.3?

Yes I did.
Taking the previous version of cmake enables compilation of VTK.
Thank you for that hint.

I would like to use VTK simply to visualise raw volume data. Is there any prepared demo which can
read and display raw (either grayscale or labelled) data?

I am not keen on writing my own application :-(

Thanks,
CBS