[vtkusers] Installation problems

Mike Jackson mike.jackson at imts.us
Thu Sep 28 13:19:31 EDT 2006

If you have the developer tools installed from Apple you should just be able
to download the source for Cmake and then do a:
./configure
Make
Make install

Cmake pretty much builds without arguments on OS X?

Also,
 when building VTK, Kitware suggests that you do an "out of source" build.
In other words at the same level as the VTK source Directory, create a new
directory called "vtk-build" or as I like "vtk502". Now cd into vtk-build
and then do a ccmake ../VTK

This will keep the VTK source tree clean and is easier to "start over" if
the build does not work for some reason.

All this assumes you have Tiger installed. I have not built VTK or Cmake
under Panther (10.3.9) recently.

Mike Jackson