[vtkusers] connected components -> contours

James Carroll mrmaple at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 15:58:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm using connected components and relabel (in ITK)  to extract some
regions, and then I pull the pipeline into VTK.

In VTK, I want to create one closed polygon for each region.

At the moment, I have vtkContourFilter creating the many tiny
segments, so I need to combine the colocalized ends of the segmentns
into contours.

I see in the VTK hardcover book, third edition that I can either,
"connect the disconnected segmetns, or use the tracking algorithm to
generate a single polyline per contour line."

Where can I find an example?  Or, which filters do I use?  is
vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter appropriate?

Thanks,
-Jim