[vtkusers] MPI pvti num_pieces >> num_procs

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Sep 22 16:11:44 EDT 2006

I want to use our cluster and stream a huge image through the
vtkImageAnisotropicDiffusion3D filter and write it to a pvti file.  I've
attached the code that should do that. The trouble is every node uses a
huge amount of RAM and eventually dies because it used up all the RAM
and swap. The number of pieces is set large enough that each piece
should be small. When I use similar code that runs on only one computer
and uses the serial XML image writer the memory usage is small and the
pieces come out every few seconds.

Something about the 'pvti' writer in VTK from CVS is loading WAY too
much of the image.