[vtkusers] Re: Saving actors and their current transformations (camera angle and orientation)

Taro Trabish tarotrabish at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 24 04:57:46 EDT 2006

thanks,
I tried  the vtkVRMLImporter/Exporter and it seemed to work but for some reason if I move the actors (rotate, move, etc) and perform the save operation, the load operation doesn't bring back the actor in the current transformation... they seemed to be in the original state when I loaded them up before I used the interactor (mouse) to move them around.  But when I do simple mouse interactions it works but when I play with the actors for about 1 minute moving and rotating the import doesnt bring back what I exported.

Do u know what the problem might be.  I usually see the problem when I rotate some actors by 180 degrees.  When I export and import, I dont get back the fact that it was rotated 180 degrees.

Does VTK keep a internal "final" transformation from the start till end... basically what info does the exporter know to use when exporting the postion of the actors?

Thanks,
Taro