[vtkusers] writing image region to a file

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 20 03:42:44 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I asked this question a while back and did not get any input. I want to
write extract part of the image and write it back out.

So, what I have are a number of points and I am running a simple bezier
cubic curve through the them. The curve loops back to itself, so it is
always a closed curve. What I would like to do is export the surface under
the curve and I guess the rest of the pixels can just be exported with
values 0. So, I guess the problem essentially gets reduced to taking all the
points on the curve and all the points in the image and seeing if the image
point lies on or inside the curve and then export the pixel into the
resulting exported image.

After browing through the archives, I saw itk has something like
itk::region. I was wondering if vtk has something similar.

So if there is something already existing in VTK that can do something like
this (probably in a better way...) or do I have to write my own filter? Can
someone tell me the best way to go about this?

Would really appreciate any responses

Cheers,

Anja