[vtkusers] How do I move multiple actors on the same window?

Taro Trabish tarotrabish at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 20 03:21:58 EDT 2006

Hello,

Please forgive me if my questions are very basic.  I just started using VTK for my project and I was able to get multiple actors to show up in a single window. I'm using the .NET wrappers of VTK and programming in C#.

I want to be able to have multiple actors in the same window and be able to use the mouse to drag them individually around, sometimes such that they overlap/intersect each other.

Right now, all my actors move at the same time.

I've tried the ren.SetViewport( ) method but that gives each actor a "space" in the main window.  I want all actors to share the entire view so that I can move actors around and have them touch each other if I want.

I also don't want to disturb the scale of the actors.  E.g. if I use the right button to zoom in, I want all actors to zoom together and not just the selected one but "move" and "rotate" should be independent for each actor.

I would be very grateful if somebody can help me or point me to some example code that has something similar.

I'm very confused if I should have a renderer/interactor for each actor and how I should manage them in the render window.

Thanks
Taro