[vtkusers] Re: vtkImageActor and vtkImageReslice

Pankaj Daga deluded.soul at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 12:14:23 EDT 2006

Hello again,

Sorry to clutter the list but I keep discovering new things:

It seems that it is because of the way I have set up my reslicer. Let me
first list what is happening.

I can get it to show me the slice in axial plane if I just call
SetOutputDimensionality() and not do the output origin, output extent and
output spacing myself. Then all I have to do is set the camera parameters
correctly and the slice shows. I have had no luck with viewing the sagittal
and coronal planes. It seems  that I might have to permute the reslice axes
matrix of my reslicer before I set it as the transform matrix of the
vtkImageActor. Can someone please confirm if this is correct?

Now, I have the reslicer set up really the way I want it. Is there some way
that I can position the vtkImageActor to the position that the reslicer is
set at. I thought just setting the SetUserMatrix() should have done the
trick, but it seems that if you set up the output params yourself on the
reslicer, you are in a bit of soup.

I do hope someone can help me here.

Best regards,

Pankaj