[vtkusers] Re: question about vtkActors

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:39:50 EDT 2006

Ok, another thing I noticed is that the 2d and 3d actors do not co-exist
within the same renderer.

I have something like:

vtkPNGReader * Image = vtkPNGReader::New();
Image->SetFileName("/home/anja/image.png");
Image->Update();
vtkImageActor * actor = vtkImageActor::New();
actor->SetInput(Image->GetOutput());
actor->PickableOn();

Now, I am adding 2 actors to the renderer as:

// 2d actor
this->m_renderer->AddActor(this->m_actor2D);
and...
this->m_renderer->AddActor(actor);

All I see on the screen is my huge image (scaled) and not the underlying 2D
actor now...

Is it not at all possible to control these aspects of 3d actors? For
example, I do not want the actor to interpolate. I have a reslicer which
does the interpolation and I do not want to interpolate again... Is it not
possible to turn it these things off or have an easy way to position these
actors?? Quite confusing....

Cheers,
Anja