[vtkusers] question about vtkActors

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 10 09:18:29 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to convert all my 2D actors to vtkActor as I just cannot
seem to get the prop picking to work.

However, I am having a really hard time getting the actors to be placed
where I want them to be:

In particular, 2 affects are really annoying:

- The actor seems to scale itself to fill the view. I guess it wants to
place itself in such a way that all other actors are visible. Is there a way
to override it. I do not want my images to be scaled!

- Second is the positioning of the actor. Can I simply specify an x, y
screen position and the actor places itself at that point or is it
completely hopeless and I need to redo half the rendering engine of vtk? :P

By the way, anyone knows what is going on with the search today? I only am
getting blank pages back.

Thanks. I hope someone can help me.

Cheers,

Anja