[vtkusers] VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Fri Oct 6 08:42:05 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 13:41 +0900, Hoang Hoang wrote:
> hi,
>  I turned on the VTK_USE_MANGLE_MESA and the VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN option
> when building vtk (with Mesa 6.4.2). After I do that every
> vtkRenderWindow has a default OffScreenRendering equals to 1,the
> problem is I cannot change that value to zero (it means I cannot
> display it on screen).  But when I turned off the VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN
> option,  the default value was 0 and I could not change it to 1.
>  somebody can help me?
> thanks.

I'm having trouble when I set VTK_USE_OFFSCREEN as well, but with pure
Mesa-6.4.2 with OSMesa. Does it cause tests to fail? Do you get any
error messages? For me all the tests that should pop up a window print
something like this :

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  89