[vtkusers] SetDataSpacing does not work

samo sandra.moritz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 6 03:58:10 EDT 2006

Hello there

I try to manipulate the data spacing from the data I get with
vtkMetaImageReader. The problem is, that after a pipeline update, the
spacing is set back to its original values. I don't understand why this
happens. Why is vtk just ignoring the SetDataSpacing?

This is my code:

vtkMetaImageReader *in_Reader = vtkMetaImageReader::New();
in_Reader->SetFileName( "MyFile.mhd" );
in_Reader->Update();
in_Reader->SetDataSpacing(1.0,1.0,5.0);  //at this point, the spacing is
correct

vtkImageMarchingCubes *marcher = vtkImageMarchingCubes::New();
marcher->SetInput(in_Reader->GetOutput());
marcher->SetValue(0,1800);
marcher->Update();   //at this point, the values for the data spacing are
set back to the old values

Does anybody know the problem and can help me? I would really appreciate any
help!

Thanks!