[vtkusers] Re: [CMake] Can multiple builds of VTK share one install directory?

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Thu Oct 5 10:51:31 EDT 2006

Thanks, David. I will keep a common installation directory as long as
switching between different VTK builds doesn't cause any side effect.

It's a good idea to manually clean up the installation directory before
installing a build. But in my case, I want the common installlation
directory to host not only VTK but other libs as well, and I must be very
careful to remove ONLY vtk installation as there is no "make uninstall"
for vtk.

Weiguang