[vtkusers] Re: VTKit and tbcload (Goodwin Lawlor please read)

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Wed Oct 4 11:43:59 EDT 2006

Noecker, Angela M. wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm having trouble opening .tbc scripts with VTKit-4.5.7.  I get an
> error message "The TclPro ByteCode Loader is not available or does not
> support the correct version -- can't find package tbcload 1.4."  It
> works fine with VTKit version 4.5.2 though.  Does the tbcload14.dll need
> to be put in some special place?
>
> When I wrap my application I have to use VTKit 4.5.2 in order to use
> compiled files.
>
> Any help you could provide would be appreciated.
>
> Angela

Hi Angela,

That's a bit strange- I didn't include the tbcload package in either
version. You either have to wrap the package yourself along with your
tbc files into your application or tell VTKit where to find it on your
hard drive [lappend auto_path /path/to/package/] . The former is a much
better way on doing it.

Are you using SDX or TclDevKit to wrap the app? I could make some
suggestions depending on which one you use.

I've started statically compiling tbcload into VTKit > 5.0 to avoid
error messages like the one above. You dont have to worry about
including the package yourself. I was waiting for the huge launch frenzy
of the VTK5.0 release to upload that version... but it never came ;-)

Goodwin