[vtkusers] Re: Picking problems

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:05:14 EDT 2006

Hello vtkers,

After a little further investigation of the proble (see below). I have
discovered that my code only crashes if I have both pickable
vtkImageActors and pickable vtkActors in the rendered scene. If I have
only one or the other but not both everything works fine. Whilst I'm
loathed to suggest that there is a bug in vtk, I'm not sure how what I
have done could cause the problem.

Fortunately I seem to be able to get around the problem by using
PickableOff() on my vtkImageActors, which suits me as I don't want my
users picking the imageActors anyway.

Thought I should post so it's there in the archives should anyone else
have the same problem, or someone feels like a further
investigation....

talking of the archives - I wasn't having much luck searching them
today. I was getting no results for "vtkActors" ! I suspect there is a
problem there.

Cheers,

Mark