[vtkusers] problems with exported STL file

Maike Thomann Maikefer83 at web.de
Wed Oct 4 08:05:16 EDT 2006

Hallo everybody!

I have some problems with STL files that I`ve created with vtkSTLWriter. In a "normal " STL viewer there is no problem to open the file, but if I try to import the file in a special CAD program, I get an error massage that the program canŽt translate the file. I salready have imported STL files and there was no problem. the structure of the files is the same:

solid

facet normal
outerloop
vertex x, y, z
vertex x, y, z
vertex x, y, z
endloop
endfacet
.
.
.
endsolid

Does anybody know this problem and can help me?

Thanks a lot,
Maike