[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK problems

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Nov 30 14:14:44 EST 2006

On 2006-11-30 12:45, Corrie Allen, Ph.D. said:

>Oddly enough, the reason I am using GCC-3.3 is that when I try to
>configure the VTK build with CCmake, it refuses to change from using GCC
>3.3 to GCC 4.

If you do 'sudo gcc_select 4.0' then gcc 4 will be your default compiler
and CMake should use it.  I do strongly recommend 4.0 over 3.3.  For one
thing, you can't build Universal Binaries (or any Intel code) with 3.3.

>VTK was built as PPC.  I tried both Debug and release
>builds -> same problem.

It occurs to me now that the Release config of SimpleCocoaVTK will not
link if you did not build VTK as Universal.  The debug config of
SimpleCocoaVTK is not Universal so would be OK.  But this isn't your problem.

>VTK was rebuilt several times just as described
>in the wiki except that I used Ccmake to edit cmakecache.txt rather than
>directly editing.

I've just updated the wiki, you might want to take a look.

Give it a try with gcc 4 again, I think it will work better that way.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com