[vtkusers] SimpleCocoaVTK problems

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Nov 30 13:31:22 EST 2006

On 2006-11-30 12:14, Corrie Allen, Ph.D. said:

>VTK builds fine and I can build programs using CMake.    There are no
>missing files (red) and both VTK and SimpleCocoaVTK are being told to
>compile with GCC-3.3.  Whether they are or not is perhaps another
>thing :-).   My system default compiler is GCC-3.3.  I do know that when
>I try to cross up VTK on GCC-3.3 and SimpleCocoaVTK on GCC-4.0, I get a
>lot more errors (~40).  Anything else I can check? Thanks

Well, I can say that I've never tried SimpleCocoaVTK with gcc 3.3, only
4.0.1.  May I ask why you are using 3.3?

Are you building the Debug or Release config of SimpleCocoaVTK?  Can you
try both?

Did you build VTK as Universal or PPC only?

As you probably know, there are about a million ways to build VTK, many
options, etc.  When you build VTK did you do something, at least mostly,
like this:

<http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Cocoa_VTK>

I just thought of something actually, and I will update the wiki to
discuss this.  When you built VTK did you set CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT and the
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable?  Perhaps you built VTK
and SimpleCocoaVTK against different SDKs?  That might account for weird
link errors!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com