[vtkusers] 3D Air brush, paint control, using VTK

David.Pont at ensisjv.com David.Pont at ensisjv.com
Wed Nov 15 14:53:52 EST 2006

You might get some ideas from vtkGaussianSplatter ?

   Dave P

             "abhishek
             gattani"
             <abhishekg4u at gmai                                          To
             l.com>                    vtkusers at vtk.org
             vtkusers-bounces+
             david.pont=ensisj                                     Subject
             v.com at vtk.org             [vtkusers] 3D Air brush, paint
                                       control, using VTK

             14/11/2006 20:33

This might seem odd but has any one implemented a 3D air brush, paint
control, pencil, etc. using VTK/ITK? My requirement is that the user
should be interactively be able to paint regions of the surface of a
model. One way I was thinking might be to take the mouse pointer to
find the intersecting 3D point with the model and then use that 3D
point to spread the paint on the isosurface, but I am not sure how
would I proceed about doing this. Any pointers are extremely welcome.
Thanks,

Best, Abhishek