[vtkusers] what is configuration of ARRAKIS.­kitware/Win32-cygwin dashboard entry?

Steve Robbins smr at sumost.ca
Wed Nov 1 18:17:21 EST 2006

Quoting David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:

> On 10/31/06, Steve Robbins <smr at sumost.ca> wrote:
>> ...I wonder if you could tweak the SystemInformation test or add
>> a new test that runs "cygcheck -c -d" so that one could compare
>> package versions.
> I could, and I did. Hopefully, it's safe enough to run whenever
> IF(CYGWIN) is true in cmake.

Excellent, thanks very much!

>> In addition, it would be of most benefit if the nightly build runs in
>> a common environment
> Actually, I think diverse environments helps us catch more errors.

I agree with that sentiment.  If you have the resources, it would be nice to
test a number of different configurations on cygwin.  Testing with
both types of
OpenGL comes to mind; c.f.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2006-October/087675.html

What I meant to say is: if you have the resources for just *one*
nightly build,
it's of most benefit to build with recent cygwin packages.  IMHO, of course.

>> using the tcltk binary package rather than the
>> sources.
> I'd love to do this. Can you tell me how? I couldn't seem to find the
> tk/xlib directory in the binary package... Without it I got a compile
> error regarding tk.h's inclusion of X11/Xlib.h. I never want to
> install the source for any cygwin package, but googling around
> convinced me it was the quickest way to get there from here.

I'm confused by your question.  The file X11/Xlib.h is from X11, not tk.

   $cygcheck -f /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h
   xorg-x11-devel-6.8.99.901-1

The tcl/tk headers come in the cygwin binary package.

   $cygcheck -f /usr/include/tk.h
   tcltk-20060202-1

With these two packages installed (and NO tcl source package), I was able
to built VTK with TCL wrapping out of the box.  In particular, I did not have
to set TK_XLIB_PATH (the computed value is TK_XLIB_PATH:PATH=/usr/include).
If you have pre-xorg X11 packages, then you likely need to set this variable
to /usr/X11R6/include.  (With xorg, /usr/include/X11 is a symlink to
/usr/X11R6/include/X11).

Cheers,
-Steve