[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidget and interaction on OS X 10.4.6

Marty Humperdink martyh_camel93 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 14:14:50 EDT 2006

Sean,

Yes, quite right. Sorry for the lack of meaningful
information in my previous post.

I'm using VTK 5.0 (latest release, not cvs) on Mac OSX
10.4.6 (MacBookPro Intel). I am using Tcl/Tk v8.4.13,
and the most recent version of Cmake. In using CMake I
turned Carbon off, Cocoa on, and Wrap Tcl/Tk on.

I'm trying to run VTK-Tcl scripts which I originally
ran (without problems) with VTK5.0 binary for Windows
(ie I didn't compile but just downloaded the
installer).

While most of the scripts run (produce graphics
without crashing) they do not respond to mouse events
or 'u' keystroke as expected since I used
vtkRenderWindowInteractor. I did see a posting last
week which described similar behaviour to which you
replied and mentioned bug report 2025. Do I need to
use a differnt command than vtkRenderWindowInteractor
when running on the Mac? I see a
vtkCocoaRenderWindowInteractor class in the VTK5
documentation and tried swapping it for
vtkRenderWindowInteractor but still didn't get any
response to mouse events. I'm wondering if there's
something I should be doing differently and/or if I'm
experiencing the bug 2025 mentioned in your post.

Separately, my scripts that employ vtkTkRenderWidget
crash when I try to run them on the Mac. I just get an
'invalid command name "vtkTkRenderWidget" ' message. I
looked back to what I did in Cmake to see if I was
missing some flag that might allow me to use this
class but didn't see anything that was obvious to me.

thanks for your time,
MH