[vtkusers] vtkImplicitPolyData file available???

David.Pont at ensisjv.com David.Pont at ensisjv.com
Tue May 30 17:06:53 EDT 2006

Hi Shawn,
   I hacked together a class by that name some time ago and used to send
copies to desperate folks that asked, but I dont want to do that any more.
It was just a hack that worked in simple cases but was not a rigorous
algorithm. What we want is someone with the need/time/skill (that counts me
out on all 3 :-P ) to hunt down a solution in the literature/public domain
code base (there are some out there) and code it up for vtk. It certainly
gets asked for frequently. I haven't looked closely but recent postings
about a collision detection filter sounded promising, ie there may be
useful code in that class that could be applied to the clipping problem?

 regards
    Dave P