[vtkusers] UserTransform in vtkCamera

Eigil Samset samset at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue May 23 11:45:36 EDT 2006

The current Transform in vtkCamera is computed as:
Transform = UserTransform*PerspectiveTransform*ViewTransform

To me this does not make any sense. For what I would like to do
(controlling camera position and orientation by an external transform),
this would make more sense:

Transform = PerspectiveTransform*UserTransform*ViewTransform

This can be achived by moving the concatenate code in
ComputePerspectiveTransform to the end of the function.

Also, when using the UserTransform this way the camera light will not
follow, since it only depends on the ViewTransform. Unless the
UserTransform is intended for an entierly different use, it would be
nice to have the camera light transform depend on
UserTransform*ViewTransform.

Eigil