[vtkusers] vtk on intel macbook pro

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri May 19 14:18:10 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-19 11:55, Anastasia Mironova said:

>I have been trying to install vtk5.0 on my macbook for
>quite some time now and it seems like I have tried
>everything

Which cmake are you using?  I suggest the newest, or at least reasonably new.

>: building from both tar.gz files and cvs, tried
>all kinds of combinations of ON/OFF settings for
>VTK_USE_CARBON, VTK_USE_COCOA, and X11 variables in cmake
>but I either get compiler errors or the vtk window does
>not respond to mouse events.
>
>When I use Carbon and no X11, I get a compiler error:
>".../System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/
>CarbonCore.framework/Headers/MachineExceptions.h:245:
>> error: declaration does not declare anything"

Have you looked at the vtk dashboard to see how others build vtk?  For
example, my 2 nightly builds:

<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/RogueResearchPPC/MacOSX10.4.6-cocoa-
gcc4.0.1-ppc/20060518-0936-Experimental/Notes.html>

<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/RogueResearchPPC/MacOSX10.4.6-carbon-
gcc4.0.1-ppc/20060518-0626-Experimental/Notes.html>

These are built on ppc, but might still be helpful to you.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com